Saturday, September 9, 2023 to Sunday, September 17, 2023
Charles L. Sommer Canoe Base
14790 Moose Lake Rd, Ely, MN 55731
While canoeing through the untouched wilderness and camping on a new lake each night, Donors will have opportunities to see historic pictographs, grand waterfalls, and stunning cliffsides. During the voyage, your Foreman will also guidey you through thought-provoking discussions, self-reflection, and cohesive team-building as a crew. Combining the pristine natural elements with the programmatic discussions, Donors will have an experience unlike any other in Scouting.
Where does the money go?
Proceeds from this trek will be sent to the OA Endowment Fund B as donor-designated gifts for OAHA operations.
OA High Adventure Fundraiser Trek Eligibility Requirements
To attend this unique event, you must meet the following safety requirements:
- Every Donor must be at least 21 years of age to register.
- Donors must be a dues-paid member in good standing of an OA Lodge, and have a current, active registration with the BSA.
- Donors must hold active Youth Protection Training.
- A complete physical examination is required. (BSA's Health and Medical Record will be sent to those that finalize registration.)
- All Donors are required to complete a BSA Swim Test before their arrival at Northern Tier. A Swim Test will NOT be done at the Base. An up-to-date and complete BSA Swim Test form will be asked to be sent in via email prior to the Trek. The form can be foundhere.