Monday, June 5, 2023 to Monday, August 7, 2023
Please note - Individual session dates are associated with each session
Florida Sea Base
73800 Overseas Hwy, Islamorada, FL 33036
OA Ocean Adventure Program
Note – A minimum of 6 participants is required for each session. If this minimum is not met, you may be asked to move to a different session or another High Adventure Base.
The Order of the Arrow Ocean Adventure program is a 9-day program in the Florida Keys. Experience the history, beauty, and secluded environment of the southernmost part of the United States. This program includes working on various service projects benefiting the beautiful keys environment. During the adventure portion of their trek Arrowmen set out to snorkel through reefs, kayak on crystal waters, and fish unlike anywhere else in the nation.
Cost: $800 per participant - Travel to and from Sea Base is not included in the fee. Shuttles are available by commercial providers from MIA and FLL. Participants who fly should plan to arrive on the day their program begins and depart on the final day. Please do not book travel until you receive your participant packet (normally in March). The Order of the Arrow is not responsible for costs associated with travel changes if booked prior to receiving the participant packet.
As of 10/15/22 - Login to NOAERS for current open sessions.
- Session 1 - 8 Spots
- Session 2 - 8 Spots
- Session 3 - 8 Spots
- Session 4 - 8 Spots
- Session 5 - 8 Spots
- Session 6 - 8 Spots
- Session 7 - 8 Spots
- Session 8 - 8 Spots
- Session 9 - 8 Spots
- Session 10 - 8 Spots
- Session 11 - 8 Spots
- Session 12 - 8 Spots
No waiting list is available at this time and due to the program structure additional spots are unable to be added
OA Ocean Adventure Requirements
To attend the Order of the Arrow Ocean Adventure program, you must meet the following requirements:
- Every participant must be at least 16 years of age by the day your program starts, but not yet 21 by its conclusion.
- Participants must also be registered members of the Boy Scouts of America and an Order of the Arrow Lodge.
- A complete physical examination is required. (BSA's Health and Medical Record will be sent to those who are accepted.)
- Be able to complete the BSA swim test in its entirety successfully.
- To comply with the BSA Youth Protection requirements, each session must have a minimum of two participants from the same gender attend. Individual participants may register without a buddy of the same gender, however, if no other participants of the same gender register, your session date may need to change or be canceled to comply with YPT.
There are no exceptions to these rules. Selection for the Trail Crew program is both an honor and a privilege.
Participants will receive an email when their registration is submitted and a second email when the Lodge and Council have approved the application. These emails are automated and may be flagged as junk/spam. Please add firstname.lastname@example.org to your safe sender list and check your junk folder if you do not see the emails.