The Summit Bechtel Reserve
2550 Jack Furst Dr, Glen Jean, WV 25846
OA Summit Experience Program
Note – Registration is open for the 2024 season and pricing is now confirmed.
The Order of the Arrow Summit Experience program is an experience like no other! For eight days, you will join together with Arrowmen from around the country and experience all that the Summit in West Virginia has to offer!
Four days of the program will be focused on building or maintaining trails around the Summit Bechtel Reserve and the New River Gorge National River area. The remainder of the experience will revolve around whitewater rafting, along with mountain biking, climbing, and participation in other Summit activities. Participants will not only build trials but also bonds of brotherhood as they start their high adventure journey.
The program is designed to entice younger Arrowmen to participate in OA High Adventure. Arrowmen ages 14 but not yet 18 will have the opportunity to explore all that the Summit has to offer in terms of adventure, brotherhood, and cheerful service.
Cost: $400 per participant - Travel to and from the Summit Bechtel Reserve is not included in the fee. However, a shuttle is provided at no cost for participants arriving at Charleston Yeager Airport (CRW). Participants who fly should plan to arrive the day before their program begins and depart on the final day. Please do not book travel until you receive your participant packet. The Order of the Arrow is not responsible for cost associated with travel or changes.
OA Summit Experience Requirements
To attend the Order of the Arrow Summit Experience program, you must meet the following requirements:
- Be at least 14 years of age by the day your program begins, but not yet 18 by its conclusion.
- Be physically fit, able to lift and handle materials up to 50 lbs. (Summit height and weight guidelines will be strictly enforced.)
- Participants must also be registered members of the Boy Scouts of America and an Order of the Arrow Lodge.
- A complete physical examination is required. (BSA's Health and Medical Record will be sent to those who are accepted.)
- To comply with the BSA Youth Protection requirements, each session must have a minimum of two participants from the same gender attend. Individual youth participants may register without a buddy of the same gender, however, if no other youth participants of the same gender register, your session date may need to change or be canceled to comply with YPT.
$25 of your deposit is nonrefundable. After your approval, your entire deposit is nonrefundable.
There are no exceptions to these rules. Selection for the Summit Experience program is both an honor and a privilege.
Participants will receive an email when their registration is submitted and a second email when the application has been approved by the Lodge and Council. These emails are automated and may be flagged as junk/spam. Please add firstname.lastname@example.org to your safe sender list and check your junk folder if you do not see the emails.